Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 4

This week Shelly gave a presentation about China and really kept the class open to discussion and debate about the Chinese educational system. Her presentation really changed my outlook on exchange students coming from China and gave me a greater appreciation for someone who wants to enter a foreign country and try to fit in and learn their cultures. I was disappointed to find that our teachers are not good at accommodating students who come to learn in America, I would hope that we were more welcoming. As we talked about Factory Girls we discussed the intense pride that these girls have for their families and how they are determined to go off on their own and make a life for themselves. They do not want to put shame on their family name and send money home whenever they can. I cannot imagine working those long hours with such poor conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment